- XL Turkey sized brining bags 21.5 in tall x 25.5 in wide, holds upto a 25 lb turkey with brine. Great for pork, chick seafood and more.
- Reduce your cooking time, brined turkey cooks MUCH faster.
- Easy storage with gusseted bottom.
- Reuse and reseal brining bag for easy cleanup and disposal.
- Extra strong durable construction
The secret to juicy chicken and turkey is simple: Brine them before cooking! This is the secret that chefs never tell you about. It's very easy and economical, and requires no special cookware. Brining is like a marinade, as it keeps food moist and tender. Brining or salting is a way of increasing the moisture holding capacity of meat resulting in a moister product when it is cooked. Salt changes the structure of the muscle tissue in the meat which allows it to swell and absorb water and flavorings which results in a tender turkey or chicken once cooked. Give it a try! Flavorings to add to brine: You can add flavor in many forms, including herbs and spices. Use brown sugar, honey or molasses in place of the sugar (some sweetness tends to offset a saltiness that brine might otherwise impart). You can also use apple juice, cider, orange juice, beer, wine, rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, stock, tea or other liquids to replace some or all of the water. You can also put together decidedly Oriental flavorings with soy sauce or Japanese rice wine mirin.